Thumb Thread Title Last Reply Replies
Strange new shoot and leaf growth by Gerkie83 Feb 12, 2021 8:55 PM 6
Promise by reh0622 Feb 11, 2021 3:49 PM 3
Icon for question_markRosa Matador by KarenMcFadden Feb 11, 2021 3:41 PM 4
Sweet Chariot by reh0622 Feb 11, 2021 1:10 AM 5
Icon for question_markAthena Rose by c_vreeken Feb 9, 2021 2:45 PM 1
Two color roses on one bush by sbwertz Feb 8, 2021 12:48 PM 9
what is feeding on my roses? by Tq0bv95 Feb 7, 2021 10:14 AM 6
Icon for question_markGrowing rose plants from seeds in Delhi? by Sohamsekhar Feb 6, 2021 7:19 PM 10
About this new website??? by Cottage_Rose Feb 6, 2021 10:48 AM 30
Icon for question_markpruning lavender dream rose by christinah23 Feb 6, 2021 4:25 AM 4
Abbott & Burns mini-China OGR by reh0622 Feb 4, 2021 11:15 PM 2
Icon for question_markAdvice re best climbing rose for the Northeast (New England) by Cayuga Feb 2, 2021 11:38 PM 1
Yellow mini insects found on my roses by Tq0bv95 Feb 2, 2021 5:12 PM 2
Icon for question_markNew shoots sprouting beside my rose plant by Sohamsekhar Feb 2, 2021 4:35 AM 2
Icon for question_markRose seeds growing outside of hip? Is this normal? by SteveRaz Feb 1, 2021 1:08 PM 2
Suggestions for a Rose Similar to Brass Band by TBipp Jan 31, 2021 10:36 AM 5
Menagerie Farm & Flowers by reh0622 Jan 30, 2021 7:22 PM 6
Searching for a rose breed from my childhood by Dewberry Jan 28, 2021 8:54 AM 7
Single flowered David Austin by kniphofia Jan 28, 2021 3:47 AM 5
Cut flower roses by color by Sandsock Jan 26, 2021 10:59 AM 3

Only the members of the Members group may start new threads in this forum.
Moderated by Calif_Sue and zuzu

Welcome to the NGA Rose forum. We are a group of rose gardeners and rose fans who enjoy sharing our experience, knowledge, and photos. We stay friends by avoiding political discussions, obscene language, and displays of "rose snobbery." Many members of our group are quite knowledgeable and will be glad to take a stab at answering your questions and identifying your mystery roses.

You can click "Watch this forum" on the upper right-hand side of the Rose Forum main page and you'll always be updated on any new threads or posts.

Links on Garden.org
NGA Help & Welcome

Other Links:
HelpMeFindRoses

Recent photos from our
Roses database:

Recent comments from our
Roses database:

• Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Dr. Huey'), StarlightCat wrote:
    I had bought what I thought was a white iceberg rose from Tractor Supply. The first two years, the rose was a long-stemmed yellow rose. Obviously, the graft wasn't even an iceberg rose! Then, this year, the graft must have died and the rootstock just exploded! My research indicates that Dr. Huey roses are often used for rootstock because the roots are so tenacious. Unfortunately, it only blooms once a year for the most part and then the spent canes apparently develop black spot, which has been happening to mine. The recommendation is to prune back the spent canes as it only flowers on the 1-year-old growth. So, if you want more flowers next year then you'll need to stop wasting energy on spent canes and prune immediately after blooms are spent. I was hoping to get a rose that I could use to collect rose petals so I had wanted an iceberg as they are prolific. However, this dark red (rather than white) bloom is also stunning in how deep red and velvety it is and also seems to resist sun bleaching. So, I think I'm going to keep this rose anyway as it's much better than the long-stemmed yellow rose. I will collect so many petals for my crafts!
  • Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Abracadabra'), rickycr wrote:
    It's a small and particular rose. More than once I noticed that the second bloom may occur in just one full color (yellow on mine, I read elsewhere that it can bloom also only in red) instead of the striped one.
  • Strong plant that blooms repeatedly. The flowers' shape resembles tulips.
    The colors may vary from yellow to apricot.
  • Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Wizard'), rickycr wrote:
    Very colorful rose with flaming effect... when the corolla is completely open, the flower color turns to fluo coral pink!
  • Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Today'), rickycr wrote:
    A very particular orange rose, the color of which seems to get fluo. It's strong and it keeps on blooming during the season.
  • » More comments
Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by RootedInDirt and is called "Botanical Gardens"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.